Friday, April 20, 2012

Quick, let's catch up!

Well, when I don't post for a long time I feel like I have to play catch up.  So much has happened.

The dying of the eggs:




The Hunt:


The Bunnies:



The hunter and the hunted:



This was a few weekends ago.  We started the front flower bed project.  It still looks just about the same.  With only weekends to work it was very sad and annoying when we were ALL put out of commission last weekend with a nasty GI tract something.  Maybe this weekend we'll have a chance to work out here again.


Wonderful Brother Mayes came with his tiller and tilled things up for us!
Here are the men, gabbing.



This is what is left of Ruby's black eye.  She had a run-in with the floor and the stool on Sunday.  It was amazing to watch how fast it turned purple and puffy, poor thing.




I really need to find out what these bushes are called.  This is ours and it is amazing (especially from the other side).  It is totally covered in beautiful blooms!



And now, what you've all been waiting for:

THE BEES!

Here's a video Randy took of the swarm he collected on Monday evening.




This is Randy transferring them from the box to the hive!

Here's the next beekeeper.



Well, I'm off to tend the bees!

3 comments:

Melissa Thatcher said...

Wow bees!! That's awesome. One day I'll join you in that adventure.

amberdat said...

Megan. I just want you to know that we have the same pink apron. I really like that about us!

Brittany Hall said...

I have seriously always wanted to have bees. Well, always like in the last 3 years I've thought about it. Tell us more!!