Sunday, August 15, 2010

North East

When we went to Iowa we didn't think we would miss it much when we left, but we were wrong. We loved Ames: the many great parks, the amazing children's section of the public library, the good and inspiring people we got to know, the fun storms (although we are grateful we missed the flooding).


The girls handled the packing pretty well thanks to several friends that watched Anne and Ruby while we did the majority of the packing. Thanks!!!

We left Ames about 6:30 in the p.m. and went straight to Raleigh, NC to Megan's sister Jane's house. We got there at about 8:00 p.m., not too shabby.
We had breakfast in Kentucky (I think).

We had fun with Jane and her family for the weekend. Megan and I left for North East, MD Tuesday morning while Anne and Ruby stayed at Jane's for the week. They didn't miss us much but we were glad to see them Saturday.

Upack failed to inform me that the truck was delayed on Monday and wouldn't be able to make my appointment Tuesday afternoon. So Megan slept on an air mattress we had with us and I slept on the floor.


The apartment is quite new and we have brand new carpet. It didn't take long for Ruby to draw on it while our backs were turned. Thanks mom for the little bissel... it came right out :).

We found a beach nearby on the Chesapeake Bay. The water was quite warm, 70-80 degrees. Anne did NOT enjoy the sea grass floating in the water, but se really liked the sand and the warm water.


Lucy is getting pretty chubby. She has come to life since we moved here, which is fun but tiring.

This was Ruby's lunch the other day... after she was done eating.

The girls like eating on the patio and the door is a bit heavy for them.


7 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! You guys have been through so much this past month! I'm glad you are finally settled with a place to sleep, and all your stuff close by! Your girls are so cute and Ruby is getting so big! We send lots of hugs your way :)

Amber said...

oh i miss you guys! I wish you were moving back here but you look like you are having fun and enjoying the new life. The girls are adorable. I love the family picture of the tall corn!

Bree D. said...

I am so happy that you made it safe and sound to MD!! I can't believe how close you were to being flooded out in Ames!!!! I am completely jealous of your proximity to the beach- now we have even more reason to try and visit you guys!! Keep us posted on all the other fun things you find.

shamae said...

thanks for more pictures. We love seeing your girls and how they are growing. I hope you find all the same happiness in the new place!

Nelda said...

I'm so glad you posted the picture with the Buick... how proud I am to say that I used to ride in that! Happy new adventure to you!

Randy said...

NELDA!!!!!!!!!!! Always a pleasure to hear from you.

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you guys are all settled--you've had a crazy and busy past few months! We miss you! Lucy is adorable, as are her sisters. One of these years we will come out to visit you guys--it may be several years down the road, but we ARE going to do it! So, be warned! We love you tons!