Sunday, July 26, 2009

The willows and tom yum!


Above is just a taste of what is to come--and that is a lot of pictures of our new favorite place to visit and play: The willows at Ada Hayden park.



But to keep you in suspense, here is a pic of me and Randy,


and here is one of Tom Yum Kai that I made myself. Yummy! It's the first time I've ever made this Thai soup. I know it looks gross but if you ever get the chance, order tom yum at your local Thai restaurant and you will be oh, so glad you did!


Raspberries growing outside this window.


Almost got back with Ruby in ten seconds for this timer pic. Not too bad... (She was half way through the maze)






So, to explain a little, Ada Hayden is an old mine that was filled with water and is now a small lake located just north a few blocks from where we live. There is a bike path around it and a bridge over it. On the north end of the lake I understand that an artist is responsible for doing this with the willows. I wish I could take better pictures so you could see how cool it really is. I think it was done in the fall/winter last year, but now as you can see, the willows are starting to grow again. I love it.

Just try to imagine the never-ending hide-and-seekabilities in this place.
Now you know why this is our new favorite place!


And what would our blog be like without a movie of Anne? Can you smile all the wild?

6 comments:

Hillary Brown said...

wow, those willows are amazing! i would love to see that in person! and of course i love the video of ann- love that she is frowning and smiling while singing- too cute!

Amber said...

I swear, that Anne can't get any cuter! She is absolutely adorable! Can you come visit soon so we can see her perform in person? And so Meg can make us some Thai food. We had curry the other night and it made me think of you guys! Those willows are really cool. I would love to come play in them too!

TrinEthan said...

what a fun park! your kiddos are so dang cute! miss you!

Lyn said...

anne is destined for stardom. i know talent when i see it.

Melissa Thatcher said...

sooo great! The pictures of the willows are amazing!

Bethany said...

That place is awesome. When can we come visit? We just got home from Glacier with the fam and I have to tell you it just felt wrong to be in Montana singing John Denver's Montana Skys without Megan. We sure missed you guys!!!