Sunday, April 19, 2009

Life after Spring Break


I know--not the best picture you've ever seen, but this is the valley of Adam-Ondi-Ahmen. We really loved this stop on our church history tour.


Here's another shot of us walking to the lookout point at Adam-Ondi-Ahmen. It just looked like a really well groomed plot of land, but it was worth driving out there to see.


The story of our lives begins: "Randy checked out a book at the library today..." This picture represents the fruits of the latest book. He even used our new wheat grinder to make flour for this yummy whole wheat bread. (woot.) Currently we have books on pasta, vegetarian diets, William Tyndale's 1526 New Testament (really fun to read), and obviously whole grain breads to name a few. Seriously...you might ask what we did on Friday night. The answer is: Randy whipped out Tyndale's Bible that he was so excited to show me and we read the introduction together.--What else is there to do for a date when you have no funds? (we have exhausted our movie selection...suggestions are welcome)


Can you spot the egg?? (or the trash)


Easter morning.
Anne's face says it all.

We would also like to inform you that Ruby took her first steps this last month. She's not much for crawling (it's more of a pull with her arms and drag her face on the carpet crawl), but we're proud of her for no longer being content to just sit in herself anymore.

8 comments:

TrinEthan said...

your girlies are darling! it was fun to talk with you the other day! good times!

Bree D. said...

Oh, I just love Easter morning crazy hair pictures!!! And that photo of the egg hunt, so artistic!!! Miss you guys!!!

Jill said...

Look at you guys grinding your own wheat and then making bread with it! I'm glad you are staying busy and we miss you terribly! Ruby is a doll, i wish she was here to play with Lily.

Amber said...

Awesome face Anne. Congrats to Ruby for taking the first steps. Eden had an awesome crawl too. I don't know if she ever really learned how to do it correctly, but I kinda liked that about her! I know how you feel- about friday night dates. Too bad we don't live closer to each other to make up stuff to do while niether of us have any funds. Ha ha ha. Miss you guys.

Jennifer said...

Ruby's starting to walk! Oh, that's exciting and sad at the same time! Yum, I love homemade bread! We need to get a wheat grinder one of these days, too. I have a bunch of wheat, but...

Brandon and I used to go for walks and look at houses and neighborhoods and stuff for our dates. Now that it's getting warmer, it's a great date, and completely free! We liked going on bike rides together, too.

Randy said...

We love to walk and look at houses and stuff too Jen. We'll have to get back into that! Thanks!

Bethany said...

I love the easter pics. I can't believe Ruby is starting to walk! It took Eden forever! We will have to swap recipes sometime. Do you guys use the hard red or white wheat? You may all ready know this and not want to do it but my mom taught me this awesome trick when handling the sticky dough. If you put oil all over your hands then you can shape the dough easier. Anyway, we miss you guys!

Nonie said...

I love Adam-Ondi-Ahmen -- there's just a well-groomed feeling there, you know? :)

And I am so into making bread right now! What books do you love so much? I would love to have a look!